November 05, 2011

When

WHEN

When this life becomes too much, and I can't live it on my own.....
Lord, you give me strength to make your glory known.

When I feel I've had enough, and I can't take it anymore...
Lord, you lift me up and remind me I am yours.

When I'm tired and alone, and no one seems to care...
Lord, you show to me that you are always here.

When others beat me down, saying I'm not good enough...
Lord, you make it known that together we are tough.

When I question "Why?" or get mad at what you do...
Lord, you gently say "Trust that I love you."

When life seems to make no sense and I can't find my way...
Lord, you light my steps and give me guidance for each day.

When the pain and hurt is deep and doesn't want to heal...
Lord, you give compassion and all my pain you feel.

When I've given all I have and done all that I can do...
Lord, you take my broken life and make it just like new.

When I reach the end of my life and my purpose here is done...
Lord, you'll fold me in your arms and say "my child, welcome home!"

Tracy Bergsma

No comments:

Post a Comment