September 21, 2010

The Most Amazing Love Story

He (Jehovah) delights in me!  Oh the overwhelming love of God.... that He should care for me!!!!   God--the God of the universe, the Creator of the stars, the heavens, the earth, the seas--delights in insignificant, unworthy, faulty, broken, little me!  How it overwhelms me and delights me.  It thrills my soul and makes my toes tingle!  I feel so precious in His sight!  I am SO loved, so special, so wonderful.... not because of me, but because He chooses to love me.  My heart is beating wildly at the very thought..... I am overflowing with pleasure and delight.  My Saviour whispers "sweet-nothings" to me in a million little things each day--the sunshine, the birds singing, the love of my child, the purr of the cat, the beauty of nature--He calls to me, He draws me, He wraps His arms around me and assures me that He will never leave me.

Ahhh, I can rest!  I can let go of the stress, the anger, the demands of my time and attention.  I can fully relax in His love, knowing that He will take care of me.  I sigh, letting all my cares go.  I trust Him, He has never done me any harm.  He holds me close and tells me to leave all my worries and fears with Him.  Oh, it is so easy to yield to His love!  I am prized, I am cherished, I am protected.  He knows what is BEST for me, not just good but best; and He longs to give it to me, if I will just take His hand and let Him lead.

So many things I can't express.... so much pain I don't understand..... too many hurts I can't wipe away.  But Jesus, the Lover of my soul, He washes them all away.  He takes them on Himself.  He bears my pain and sorrows, and dries my tears.  He loves me.  He loves me.  He loves me!  I am His, and He is mine!!!!  Oh what joy!  I feel like a bird, soaring high in the sky.  I feel free, really truly completely free!

I know I will fall again.  I know I will hurt again.  I know I will doubt and worry and fear and the stresses of life will become too much for me to bear again.  And I know that my Lord and Lover will be right here, wiping my tears, rubbing away my pains, holding me close to His heart and loving me still!  He will be loving me back into peace, calm, joy, freedom.... until I can once again let my heart soar to Him in total abandon and trust.... free from the chains of my wretchedness and sin and free from the cares of this world.  And while I walk through the dark valley, He has not left me alone.  NO!  He is walking with me, holding my hand, helping me up when I fall, steadying me when I stumble.  And when I get too tired to continue and the path becomes too much to bear, He will lift me in His strong yet gentle and loving arms and carry me close to His heart.

This is my love story.  A story for all time, without end.  Someday it will be happily ever after with no more sorrow or pain.  Oh God, my God I love you with all my being because of your unfailing, always persistent, sweetly pursuing love for me!!!!  Thank you Jesus.

"I take great delight in you, I will quiet you with My love, I rejoice over you with singing."
~ Zephaniah 3:17

I would do anything to hold onto you
Just about anything until you pull through
I'd hold onto you 'til the stars no longer wink
I'd hold onto you 'til you figure out just what to think
I would go anywhere to meet up with you
Just about anywhere for one rendezvous
I'd hold onto you 'til the mountains crumble flat
I'd hold onto you 'til you figure out just where you're at
I'd hold onto you 'til you take it all in stride
I'd hold onto you 'til you want to stay here by my side, because
You're emotion in motion
My "magical potion"
You're emotion in motion to Me
~Rick Ocasek

No comments:

Post a Comment