June 01, 2010

Laughter

Hahahahahahaha!  LOL!  ROFL!   Laughter, real deep from the soul laughter is so freeeeeing!  Ahhh, it feels so good to laugh.  Laughing alone is great tonic for a downcast soul, but laughing with those you love is even better.  You want to feel FREE?  Okay, here is an exercise:
Laugh!Laugh! 

I don't mean a fake tehehehe... I mean a real guttural guffaw.  Proverbs 17:22 says "A merry heart does good like a medicine."  Nothing eases stress, depression, anger, worry or pain like a good laugh.  Have you ever been stressed out to the max and had someone do or say something really funny?  I have!  Let me tell you..... the instant I start laughing, the load rolls off my back.  What changed?  Nothing but my attitude.  So many people tell me they love my smile, and it is catching!  How can I smile when things are not going right?  Well.... I don't always.  But when I make a conscious effort to smile, the world seems brighter and all my troubles seem less.  Especially when my smile earns me a beautiful smile in return!  It really is catchy.  "A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance; but by sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken." (Proverbs 15:13)  Smile at someone, make them laugh, laugh at yourself.... you will see how instantly it heals the woes and wounds of a heavy heart.

I love spending time with people who can make me laugh.  Laughter brings such freedom.  When I am most tense and ready to blow, one of my kids will do or say something that makes be burst into laughter.  Usually it is unintentional on their part, but it sure is a release for me.  And it saves me from blowing my top at one of them and saying something I would deeply regret later.  It has almost become a contest in our family to see who can draw the most laughs.  If one of us notices a grumpy face, or an irritated attitude, the rest do our best to be comical, sarcastic, silly, ridiculous, make faces.... whatever it takes to get a smile and hopefully a laugh.  Although this sounds so basic and simple.... it really is God's design.  Laughter is like sunshine, it improves the mood instantly.  And God must have a sense of humour, after all, He made me!

So you want to get free from your worries and what's stressing you?  Change your attitude, smile, learn to laugh.  Laughing at yourself can really ease a lot of tension.  Laughing with others, endears you to each other.  Laughter is a great tonic, God's amazing natural medicine for many things that ail you.

I guarantee you will find laughing frees your spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment